After a record-breaking, sold out conference in Seoul, Beyond Blocks continues the momentum with a return to where it all started last December – Bangkok, Thailand.
On 26-27 November 2018, Bangkok, Thailand – Beyond Blocks will host Summit Bangkok in the heart of the city at the prestigious InterContinental Bangkok hotel. This conference will feature a diverse lineup of over 40 international speakers engaging with over 1,500 attendees coming from all over the world.
Beyond Blocks Blockchain Week: The Focal Point Destination For Ideas & Connectivity
From 26-30 November 2018, the organizing team will also host the first-ever Beyond Blocks Blockchain Week, comprising of five full days of meetups, parties, workshops and exclusive networking events. The positive feedback from Korea Blockchain Week in Seoul made it an obvious choice for Beyond Blocks to organize another valuable week-long networking exhibition.
By hosting another blockchain week, Beyond Blocks solidifies its reputation for providing the one-stop platform that moves the industry forward, for showcasing the opportunities in Asia to the rest of the world, and to uncover how the blockchain applies to the real world now and in the future.
As a media partner, prepare yourselves to meet, engage and record all the captivating moments that the networking week will set up for all of our attendees – by way of the key industry players, companies and major blockchain outlets in the space.
Why you need to be at Summit Bangkok during Beyond Blocks Blockchain Week
- Full two-day access to the conference and exhibitions
- Five-day networking congregation with access to a variety of networking opportunities
- World-class speakers and industry leaders
- Media exposure from some of the top media outlets in the space
- Find out first hand what’s happening in the regulatory and innovation space in not only Thailand, but the South East Asian region
Key Speakers Announced (so far)
- Wei Zhou, CFO of Binance
With over 15 years of executive experiences at leading technology, internet and media companies, Wei Zhou has recently become the CFO (Chief Financial Officer) of Binance — one of the world’s largest digital asset trading platforms. He has managed several IPOS on NYSE and NASDAQ; one of them was the LGBTQ+ social networking platform Grindr, where he’s now Vice Chairman.
- Maja Vujinovic, CEO of OGroup
You might recognize this powerhouse woman from Summit Seoul, and if so; you’ll know she’s not known for ‘holding back’. We’re thrilled to have the O Group CEO back to share her insights on topics that will go BEYOND blockchain in a 1 on 1 fireside chat!
- Charles Hoskinson, CEO, IOHK
This technology entrepreneur and mathematician is famous for founding Ethereum and IOHK. He created Cardano, where he now focuses on leading the research, design and development of the project. Charles also leads the development of Ethereum Classic.
- Jeremy Wood, Chief Strategy Officer, IOHK
Together with Charles Hoskinson, Jeremy Wood founded IOHK (Input Output Hong Kong), an engineering company that builds cryptocurrencies and blockchains for academic institutions, government entities and corporations. His current position is Chief Strategy Officer and will be doing a fireside chat with Charles at Beyond Blocks Summit Bangkok.
- Bonnie Cheung, Partner, 500 Startups
Focused on blockchain and an avid speaker on all things crypto, Bonnie is a Partner at 500 Startups — one of the most active seed investors globally with over 1800+ portfolio companies — where she leads its blockchain investments. You might have seen her calling out Bitcoin as ‘boring’ in an interview on Bloomberg; expect to hear more of that in our fireside chat.
- Prinn Panitchpakdi, Governor, Stock Exchange of Thailand
Prinn is a board member of some of the biggest financial organizations in Thailand, like the SET (Stock Exchange of Thailand), NIA (National Innovation Agency), ETDA (Electronic Transactions and Development Agency) and ASCO (Association of Thai Securities Companies). He is also on the executive committees of the New Economy Academy (Ministry of Commerce) and Foundation on Anti-Corruption of Thailand (FACT).
- Bhume Bhumiratana, Technology Consultant, SEC Thailand
Being responsible for the famous Thai regulatory framework as a technology consultant for the Thai Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), Bhume will definitely bring a lot of knowledge to the table when we discuss regulations at Beyond Blocks Summit Bangkok.
- Gigi Levy Weiss, Managing Partner, NFX
Over the last decade, Gigi has turned into one of the most prolific technology investors in Israel; he’s a two-time CEO, founder, board member, and super-angel. Currently he is the managing partner with NFX, a top Silicon Valley venture capital firm, and (he) is also known as a keen blockchain investor being involved with multiple well-known projects, such as Bancor and Civic.
- Justin Chow, Head of Business Development, Asia, Cumberland
Justin is OTC Cryptocurrency Market Maker and Head of Business Development (Asia) at DRW company Cumberland, that has traded more than $20 billion worth of Bitcoin, Ethereum and other crypto assets in 2017.
- Ding’an Fei, Founder, Ledger Capital
Ding’an Fei is the founder of Ledger Capital, a financial services and investment firm focused on digital assets and blockchain enablement of the real economy. He has more than 10 years of venture capital and private equity investment experiences in technology companies.
- Luke Wagman, Chief Evangelist, CoinMarketCap
Is there anyone in this space that doesn’t know CoinMarketCap? There’s really no introduction necessary… We have Chief Evangelist Luke Wagman on stage, (speaking) for the first time ever! In his previous role as Chief Content Officer, Luke was responsible for the team that has researched and added almost 2000 coins and 220 exchanges on CoinMarketCap.
- TLDR Team
From the FBI and Navy Seals, to Goldman Sachs, to Hypebeast… TLDR’s special team brings a wealth of experiences to the crypto ecosystem. With the combination of their strategy team, investment team and security team, this global advisory firm covers a broad range of the industry. Look forward to the “Decentralized & Borderless” panel about the company’s approach for a global team at the conference!
- Jon Russell, Writer, TechCrunch
Jon Russell is an Asia-based writer for TechCrunch. Formerly he was an Asia editor for The Next Web.
Jon Russell is passionate about the development of the internet, technology, and startups in Asia. He is based in the city of our conference; Bangkok, Thailand.
- Jasper Lee, Head of Asia, eToro
Jasper is the Head of eToro Asia, and has over 10 years of experiences in industries like FinTech and Trading. eToro is the world’s leading social trading and investment platform, which lets you invest in traditional asset classes like stocks, commodities, indices, and (crypto)currencies.
- Josh Fraser, Co-founder, Origin Protocol
Josh is the co-founder of Origin Protocol, a San Francisco based blockchain company that is building protocols and developer tools for decentralized peer-to-peer marketplaces. Prior to Origin, he co-founded three other venture-backed companies: EventVue, Torbit (acquired by Walmart Labs) & Forage. Josh started coding at the age of 10.
- John Fiorelli, Global Head of Advisory, Kenetic
John is Head of Advisory at Kenetic. He served as an advisor on Bluzelle, Airswap, Simple Token & Gibraltar Blockchain Exchange token sales. John is also founder and former CEO of CutPaste. He has 15+ years of experiences in Product, UX and Experiential Design.
- Fireside Chat with Gigi Levy: Creating Blockchain Superiority
- Fireside Chat: Silicon Valley VS Asia: Path To Redemption In Crypto
- Fireside Chat with IOHK
- Regulatory Crypto Conundrums: Things are getting better, or are they?
- Decentralized and Borderless: TLDR’s Approach for a Global Team
- The Next Step in Crypto Finance: Advanced Instruments
- Death of an ICO: Prove Us Wrong
- Cryptocurrency Exchanges: A (Not-So) Long Term Vision
- The Curious Case of Crypto China: Why Doing Business (Still) Works
- VCs, Accelerators and Incubators: How Well Do They Fit the Blockchain World
- Cryptoreality VS. Cryptofuture: The Path to Mass Adoption
- Structuring Your Advisory Team: Affluence, Influence, Trust
- Funding Blockchain Innovation: STOs VS. ICOs
- Scalability: The Quintessential Blockchain Hurdle
- Going Mainstream: Blockchain Binds Startups and Corporates
Beyond Blocks Summit Bangkok will be hosted on the 4th floor of the InterContinental Bangkok hotel on November 26 & 27, 2018 (two days).
Tickets are available from now until the day of the event (final price $1,000 USD).